« Home | Obama-fy Thyself » | Doin' it Greek Style » | Nie is Back » | Sleeping With the Enemy? » | Holidaze » | It's My Office and I Can Decorate it Like a Candy ... » | Non Sequiturs » | How To Be A Real Swede, In A Few Easy and Incredib... » | News! News! News! » | All I Got for Christmas Was My Nipples Being Bitte... »

At Last



What a glorious day.

I awoke this morning with excitement and anticipation. I snuggled in bed with my little family and welcomed the start of something new and wonderful.

This year, January 1st was anticlimactic. But today, I felt the sense of renewal - and yes, deliverance - that I've been waiting for. Let the new year begin!

Today I joined millions as we wept with joy and hope. The triumph of someone who is now an icon and symbol of everything I'd hoped that this nation would embrace. I shed tears of joy as we welcomed change from the last administration, wept with gratitude as I listened to a sweet message of change, and sobbed openly while considering how far we've come.

Yes, at last.

At last, I welcome today with open arms as I embrace the challenge to forge ahead for a new America.

At last, I feel honor and respect for our president, and a renewed sense of faith in my fellow citizens for embracing truth, hope, and humility over demagoguery, fear, and aggression.

At last, I feel proud to be part of a nation whose government seeks a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect.

At last, I am honored to raise my child with the knowledge that my government works for peace, respect for our planet, and equality for all, regardless of color or creed. That we work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.

At last.

Thanks for sharing. That was wonderful.

Post a Comment

Archives