Welcome back Kris
I'm back! Thanks to my sweetie for picking up the slack in my absence. Not just the blog, but also in life. She has been so amazing in caring for me while I stressed and slaved over work. She's been the source of all my joy, and I can't thank her enough!
It's been a long time since I've posted, because life has been crazy! It feels like I've gone through a several-month-long labor, and have just finally given birth.
Let's see what I've pushed out over the last couple months:
- Job interview at Indiana (the mucus plug)
- Visiting with family (the bloody show)
- Dissertation draft (water breaking)
- PhD defense (the baby's head)
- Graduation and commencement (the rest of the baby)
- Started a job at Honda (passing the placenta)
Congratulations! I've given birth! But it's not just any kid; it's a freakish looking, obese thing worthy of a National Enquirer front page.
In the next few months, our baby will be born (non-figuratively), I'll have to finish the dissertation, I'll write a paper, and I'll start a postdoc at Berkeley. But this is just recovery -- the big part is over.
I'll post soon about some of these things.
It's been a long time since I've posted, because life has been crazy! It feels like I've gone through a several-month-long labor, and have just finally given birth.
Let's see what I've pushed out over the last couple months:
- Job interview at Indiana (the mucus plug)
- Visiting with family (the bloody show)
- Dissertation draft (water breaking)
- PhD defense (the baby's head)
- Graduation and commencement (the rest of the baby)
- Started a job at Honda (passing the placenta)
Congratulations! I've given birth! But it's not just any kid; it's a freakish looking, obese thing worthy of a National Enquirer front page.
In the next few months, our baby will be born (non-figuratively), I'll have to finish the dissertation, I'll write a paper, and I'll start a postdoc at Berkeley. But this is just recovery -- the big part is over.
I'll post soon about some of these things.
Labels: kris is awesome
Post a Comment