« Home | Happy Halloween! » | Unraveling » | Names and An Awkward Moment » | Why I Love My Dad » | Weekend Update » | Miscellaneous And What Have You » | Best Man Fail » | 7 Things I Love » | The Education Debates » | Welcome Baby Trajan! »

Another Spooky Thing: White Hair

I have white hair. I blame this on my dad, who went prematurely gray in his late twenties. Even though - ahem - I do not believe in the existence of the "late twenties", if we must be technical about it, I am there. And I have the white hairs to prove it. (I subscribe to Anita's theory that there are only the "early twenties"...ages 20 - 29... and "thirty").

One time last year I asked Maryn, "Are my white hairs really obvious? Do I need to think about coloring my hair?"

Her response: "I would if I were you."

I pause, waiting for some sisterly validation after that blow to my ego. Something like "Although they do look like really awesome highlights that you spent a lot of money on."

Instead, she says this: "I'm just being honest." And shrugs.

Spooky. Am I right?

Also, this: a few years ago, I went to the beach with my hot new boyfriend Kris. We were lying out in the sun when I noticed a sole white hair growing out of the middle of his hairless stomach. It was like three inches long! I said "Hey! You have a weird white hair growing out of your stomach!" I reached over and plucked it out.

Now the scary part: Kris said "So do you!" I looked down, and to my horror, I also had a sole white hair growing out of the middle of my (not-so-hairless) stomach. It was also, like, three inches long!

It was truly a bizarre experience. Spooky, if you will. I took it as an omen that we were meant to be together. FOREVER.

Also. I had this weird pimply thing on the bottom of my chin for like three years. I'm not exaggerating. Turns out that it was a wart. White hair...warts...I am basically a witch. Except broomsticks are nowhere to be found. Because I live in filth.

Archives