Weekend Update
This weekend was B-U-S-Y. I returned from LA with Saya on Friday night. And then needed to sleep for 13 hours to recover from that trauma.
I spent Saturday (and the wee hours of Sunday morning) hammering out a grant proposal (just how I LOVE to spend my weekends!). Kris saved the day by making some awesome pork tingas tacos for dinner (Rick Bayless, you are my hero).
Sunday morning we found ourselves meeting Maryn and Brian in San Francisco - they were visiting the City for a much-needed weekend break. We also met Maryn's B-school friend, Clarice, of the hilarious My Heart Beets.
A fabulous brunch was had by all at Foreign Cinema. I have been wanting to go for AGES but haven't ever made it out. Thanks for scoring reservations, Clarice!
I ate gorgeous soft-scrambled eggs with lox, creme fraiche and fines herbs:

Kris had an unusual dish with baked eggs. We thought it would taste like eggs rancheros, but it tasted Moroccan somehow:

Maryn ordered a champagne scramble:

Brian had the crab Croque Monsieur:

And Clarice had a lobster bisque frittata:

By the way, the pear "pop tart" was ridiculously good. Check out Clarice's post about our foodie adventures here.
Saya rocked the MacLaren for the first time ever. She was so excited to be facing forward and checking out the scene in the Mission.

It was a beautiful, clear sunny day...at least 85 degrees...on November 16th. We decided to celebrate global warming by heading to the awesome rooftop bar at Medjool. Life does not get much better than hanging out in the sun, with a gorgeous view and a margarita. Although I am officially a lightweight. I am not exaggerating when I say that I felt buzzed after drinking 3 sips. That was one strong margarita!
Then: a stop at Tartine for croissants, gougeres, and cookies. And what better way to finish that off than with Bi-Rite Creamery ice cream? I helped myself to a double scoop of mint chip and malted vanilla with peanut butter and chocolate swirl. Kris had their famous sundae: chocolate ice cream topped with olive oil, sea salt and whipped cream. It's crazy. It's delicious. It's profound.
Monday, we ventured to our favorite place for burgers: The Village Pub. Maryn and I split the Caesar salad and the hamburger with French fries (Sunset magazine voted it the best burger in the West). They seriously have the best bread EVER, served with good butter and sea salt. And I love their lemonade...it's made fresh on-site with only lemon juice and water...you have to add your own sugar!
After a weekend of gastronomic excess (and a last minute stop at Red Mango), we dropped Maryn and Brian off at the airport and took a little rest.
I spent Saturday (and the wee hours of Sunday morning) hammering out a grant proposal (just how I LOVE to spend my weekends!). Kris saved the day by making some awesome pork tingas tacos for dinner (Rick Bayless, you are my hero).
Sunday morning we found ourselves meeting Maryn and Brian in San Francisco - they were visiting the City for a much-needed weekend break. We also met Maryn's B-school friend, Clarice, of the hilarious My Heart Beets.
A fabulous brunch was had by all at Foreign Cinema. I have been wanting to go for AGES but haven't ever made it out. Thanks for scoring reservations, Clarice!
I ate gorgeous soft-scrambled eggs with lox, creme fraiche and fines herbs:

Kris had an unusual dish with baked eggs. We thought it would taste like eggs rancheros, but it tasted Moroccan somehow:

Maryn ordered a champagne scramble:

Brian had the crab Croque Monsieur:

And Clarice had a lobster bisque frittata:

By the way, the pear "pop tart" was ridiculously good. Check out Clarice's post about our foodie adventures here.
Saya rocked the MacLaren for the first time ever. She was so excited to be facing forward and checking out the scene in the Mission.

It was a beautiful, clear sunny day...at least 85 degrees...on November 16th. We decided to celebrate global warming by heading to the awesome rooftop bar at Medjool. Life does not get much better than hanging out in the sun, with a gorgeous view and a margarita. Although I am officially a lightweight. I am not exaggerating when I say that I felt buzzed after drinking 3 sips. That was one strong margarita!
Then: a stop at Tartine for croissants, gougeres, and cookies. And what better way to finish that off than with Bi-Rite Creamery ice cream? I helped myself to a double scoop of mint chip and malted vanilla with peanut butter and chocolate swirl. Kris had their famous sundae: chocolate ice cream topped with olive oil, sea salt and whipped cream. It's crazy. It's delicious. It's profound.
Monday, we ventured to our favorite place for burgers: The Village Pub. Maryn and I split the Caesar salad and the hamburger with French fries (Sunset magazine voted it the best burger in the West). They seriously have the best bread EVER, served with good butter and sea salt. And I love their lemonade...it's made fresh on-site with only lemon juice and water...you have to add your own sugar!
After a weekend of gastronomic excess (and a last minute stop at Red Mango), we dropped Maryn and Brian off at the airport and took a little rest.
Post a Comment