Let Me Tell You About Root Beer
Last night, I didn't get much sleep. Root beer kept me up all night long.
The thing you have to understand about root beer is that it swings both ways: caffeinated, and un-caffeinated.
It's cool, my babies, because I swing both ways too. Sometimes, I wake up in the morning and the only thing I want is a quick jolt of caffeine. Other times, I prefer to take it slow and help myself to some decaf.
I love what root beer does for me. That's why I'm always faithful. When I go to the grocery store, I don't mess around. I don't tease the Fanta with its cheap looking logos. I keep my eyes straight ahead as I pass the Pepsi. I do admit to occasionally checking out the Diet Coke, but only in moments of human weakness. I know I don't get any real substance from Diet Coke.
The sugary root beer tastes so wrong, but is so right. I've tried it time and time again, and it never fails to please. And there's always a little element of surprise when we get together. Will it be a night where I fall into a deep, satisfying, cane-sugar induced coma, or will I be up all night experiencing the pleasures of caffeine?
The thing you have to understand about root beer is that it swings both ways: caffeinated, and un-caffeinated.
It's cool, my babies, because I swing both ways too. Sometimes, I wake up in the morning and the only thing I want is a quick jolt of caffeine. Other times, I prefer to take it slow and help myself to some decaf.
I love what root beer does for me. That's why I'm always faithful. When I go to the grocery store, I don't mess around. I don't tease the Fanta with its cheap looking logos. I keep my eyes straight ahead as I pass the Pepsi. I do admit to occasionally checking out the Diet Coke, but only in moments of human weakness. I know I don't get any real substance from Diet Coke.
The sugary root beer tastes so wrong, but is so right. I've tried it time and time again, and it never fails to please. And there's always a little element of surprise when we get together. Will it be a night where I fall into a deep, satisfying, cane-sugar induced coma, or will I be up all night experiencing the pleasures of caffeine?
Post a Comment