« Home | April Fools! » | How Did this Happen? » | Victory! » | How to Clean » | Worst Movie...Ever? » | Bacon and Other Moral Crises » | A Portrait of the Artist as an Eight Month Old » | Nashville » | Proud 'O Me » | She Drives us Craaaazy, We Just Can't Sleep »

Life is Just a Little Chair of Bowlies

I think I mentioned life here is never boring. We were out to dinner last Monday when Saya had a string of strange head and arm spasms - rapid fire, rhythmic twitching that would come and go for a few minutes and then stop.

After a few more episodes the next day, we were advised to take Saya to pediatric urgent care. I was able to catch one of her episodes on video to show the doctor (my camera ran out of space after capturing this first twitch, but these spasms would continue for a few minutes):



Saya was also running a low-grade teething fever, so the pediatrician thought the two were related. She told us to let her know if they continued for more than a few days.

By the end of the weekend, the spasms had decreased in frequency and severity but hadn't gone away. We saw another pediatrician who referred Saya for an emergency EEG. We went in yesterday morning and Saya was a champ through the 1 1/2 hour procedure - in no small part due to the awesome EEG tech. Saya walked away, happy as a clam, with a stuffed animal spider as a parting gift.


We're still waiting to hear the results. We're hoping there's nothing to worry about and that these are just benign spasms, not indicative of any neurological issue or epileptic seizures.

Life is not always a picnic.

And yet:

Oh my gosh - poor Saya! I hope everything is ok. Please post when you know more. Hang in there guys! xoxoxoxox

She is a little trooper. Keep us posted on her condition.

I hope they let you know quickly. Waiting is the worst.

That was a good idea to take a video, and hopefully you'll know something soon. I'm sure everything is fine.

Post a Comment

Archives