« Home | BRIBES...FOOD...DEADLINES...EPISODE 2 » | BRIBES...FOOD...DEADLINES...EPISODE 1 » | BRIBES...FOOD...DEADLINES » | Ten things to appreciate about Bloomington » | Weird Indiana » | Academic Pursuits and the Need for a Brown Paper Bag » | Out with the Old, In with the New » | Daphna's Defense » | Moving In » | California Academy of Sciences »

BRIBES...FOOD...DEADLINES...EPISODE 3

After the self-flagellation that was last night, Daphna and I decided to wake up at 5 a.m. this morning.

Daphna did.

Are you impressed? That is 2 a.m. for you west coasties.

I logged in around 5:30, bleary-eyed and feeling like crap.

Daphna rocked it out. After the first hour, she'd done a bunch of paper re-structuring. I, on the other hand, had barely managed to write out a few maybe-didn't-make-so-much-sense sentences while slurping Theraflu (this is also after having a really hard time falling asleep, then Kris waking me up when he came to bed at 1 a.m., then needing to drink more Theraflu, then Saya waking up at 2:30 a.m. for a long time, then sleeping in bed with us and kicking and pinching me).

After the first hour, I checked in with Daphna and pretended that I was gung ho about doing a second hour of writing. But really, about ten minutes into it, I fell asleep...and woke up at 8:15ish. Whoops.

Daphna, on the other hand...she deserves a big shiny scratch and sniff sticker! She wrote for ALL THREE HOURS before rewarding herself with a brief nap, and was back at it by 11 a.m. Whoa.

I worked for a bit longer after I woke up (2-3 hours) and then got stuck in meetings all day...then came home and napped...and took medicine...I think I am really sick. My throat hurts really really bad, and now my sinuses and ears are all blocked up. BUT. I think I'm still on track to finish on time.

The bottom line is that Daphna has been motivated all day long by Nicole's promise to send her Auntie Cockroach if she finishes her revisions. Daphna is worried she won't get them done in time, as evidenced by our chat:

i am very worried i won't finish because i want that book BAD!

We shall see whether Daphna's reign of productivity continues.

On the next episode of D&A's BFD: Will Daphna win the right to claim Auntie Cockroach for her own? Or will the single copy of the book taunt her on Amazon?

Yay! I'm so glad you're psyched about the book -- now write that damn R&R, missy!

Daphna - way to kick ass!! Good job!

Ashlyn - swear to God, this works EVERY time for a cold. Just do it:

1) brew one cup of hot tea (recommended: Lipton's)
2) add 1 tspn honey and dissolve well
3) add one full shot of Irish whiskey (recommended: Jameson)
4) take a lemon and cut a generously thick slice (about 1/2 inch thick)
5) take whole cloves (about 5-6) and stick them in the lemon slice
6) drop the cloved lemon into the tea and let sit for 1 minute to infuse
7) drink very hot and drink at least 3/4 of it. you will go to sleep and wake up and cold will be gone!

Just do it. Now.

Post a Comment

Archives