Wedding Countdown
We are now entering the countdown to Maryn and Brian's wedding. Today, we booked our flights to L.A. and made our hotel reservations. And...my matron of honor gown (yes, I am now a matron, not a maid) and Saya's flower girl dress finally arrived. Let the alterations begin!
Here are some of the highlights of the wedding preparation we've experienced so far:
In May, Saya and I flew to L.A. and helped partake in Maryn and Brian's menu tasting at Vertical Wine Bistro.
It was exceptional. Check out their All Day Long Pulled Pork, served with grilled polenta tartine, triple creme brie, and prunes:

We also sampled a lovely array of other desserts, entrees, and appetizers. But the pulled pork was the runaway favorite.
The tasting was interrupted by a crazy choking/coughing episode because my mom inhaled food down the wrong pipe. You can read Maryn's account of the tasting and my mom's hacking incident here on Le Cupcakerie.
Saya and I flew back to L.A. in mid-June to participate in Maryn's bridal shower/bachelorette extravaganza. Now this was a crazy event. Rather than just one event, there was a MENU of events. Following an elegant bridal shower luncheon at Pasadena's famed Raymond Restaurant, we embarked on a two-day bachelorette adventure.
First: Manicures, pedicures, and champagne at Dashing Diva salon.
Second: Lingerie party and inappropriate game-playing at Maryn's apartment.
Third: Thai dinner at Saladang Song.
Fourth: Evening out at Magnolia Lounge (despite the fact we were kicked out of the lounge two years ago on my birthday because Maryn handed out cupcakes to everyone in the bar, which "destroyed the evening's dessert revenue" and caused the owner to leave a crazy message on my voicemail saying that I have "no class" and that my friends and I "would never be welcome again at Magnolia.") I wish I could post some pictures of the evening, which was so fun, and so inappropriate, but I could not find a single picture that does not incriminate the classy ladies who took part in this event.
Fifth: Morning-after amazing breakfast at La Grande Orange. I was SO excited to find out that my FAVORITE restaurant owners from the time I lived in Phoenix (owners of La Grande Orange, Chelsea's Kitchen, and Postino's) took their best menu items and migrated them to Pasadena. Yum.
Homemade steak tacos at 10 a.m.? Can I get a hell yes?!
You can read Maryn's post (and see pictures of the events) here on Le Cupcakerie.
And you can read Clarice's version of events (and see more pictures) here on My Heart Beets.
P.S. I'm happy to report that I was able to escape folding the 1,000 origami cranes that my mom undertook per Japanese custom. Whew! Folding them for my first wedding was hard enough!
Here are some of the highlights of the wedding preparation we've experienced so far:
In May, Saya and I flew to L.A. and helped partake in Maryn and Brian's menu tasting at Vertical Wine Bistro.
It was exceptional. Check out their All Day Long Pulled Pork, served with grilled polenta tartine, triple creme brie, and prunes:
We also sampled a lovely array of other desserts, entrees, and appetizers. But the pulled pork was the runaway favorite.
The tasting was interrupted by a crazy choking/coughing episode because my mom inhaled food down the wrong pipe. You can read Maryn's account of the tasting and my mom's hacking incident here on Le Cupcakerie.
Saya and I flew back to L.A. in mid-June to participate in Maryn's bridal shower/bachelorette extravaganza. Now this was a crazy event. Rather than just one event, there was a MENU of events. Following an elegant bridal shower luncheon at Pasadena's famed Raymond Restaurant, we embarked on a two-day bachelorette adventure.
First: Manicures, pedicures, and champagne at Dashing Diva salon.
Second: Lingerie party and inappropriate game-playing at Maryn's apartment.
Third: Thai dinner at Saladang Song.
Fourth: Evening out at Magnolia Lounge (despite the fact we were kicked out of the lounge two years ago on my birthday because Maryn handed out cupcakes to everyone in the bar, which "destroyed the evening's dessert revenue" and caused the owner to leave a crazy message on my voicemail saying that I have "no class" and that my friends and I "would never be welcome again at Magnolia.") I wish I could post some pictures of the evening, which was so fun, and so inappropriate, but I could not find a single picture that does not incriminate the classy ladies who took part in this event.
Fifth: Morning-after amazing breakfast at La Grande Orange. I was SO excited to find out that my FAVORITE restaurant owners from the time I lived in Phoenix (owners of La Grande Orange, Chelsea's Kitchen, and Postino's) took their best menu items and migrated them to Pasadena. Yum.
Homemade steak tacos at 10 a.m.? Can I get a hell yes?!
You can read Maryn's post (and see pictures of the events) here on Le Cupcakerie.
And you can read Clarice's version of events (and see more pictures) here on My Heart Beets.
P.S. I'm happy to report that I was able to escape folding the 1,000 origami cranes that my mom undertook per Japanese custom. Whew! Folding them for my first wedding was hard enough!
You have NO idea how excited I am for this wedding. I've already confirmed our babysitter.
So what's up with Saya's 1st bday party?? are you guys still coming to CA (I hope I hope I hope)???
Posted by
Mishy |
July 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM