« Home | I Love L.A. » | Season's Greetings » | Hotlanta » | Garfunkel and Oates » | You're Welcome » | Gettin' a Move On » | A Perfect Day » | Fall » | H1N1=Death » | This is Halloween »

New Beginning

Well, it's the new year and as usual, I have lots and lots of resolutions on my mind.

This is the year to become a better person.
To become a more loving wife.
To enjoy each stage as my little Saya grows.

This is the year to get a normal schedule.
This is the year to publish or perish.
This is the year to do meal planning. And drink more water. And eat veggies.
This is the year to get in shape. And maybe, if I'm lucky, grow a butt.

I am always, always thinking about what I have to do next, or what I haven't done. Or why I could be better, and do more. Which is why I have a new resolution:

Be present.

Last night as I sat stressed at my computer, Kris brought me a cup of tea. He leaned over to stroke the back of my hair and whispered "You are loved."

This is the year to savor moments like that.

I love Kris. And I like your resolutions. I think it will be an amazing year for you my friend. so are we planning to both get pregnant in '10? ;)

Why doesn't Kris ever tell ME that I'm loved?

Post a Comment

Archives