« Home | Into the Wild » | Mom and Dad's Visit to Bloomington » | A long awaited update: Easter! » | Snow Daze » | Stair Slide » | Shinnen Omedetou Gozaimasu! » | New Beginning » | I Love L.A. » | Season's Greetings » | Hotlanta »

Seward Ho

As in Westward Ho. (Yes, I am in Seward, Alaska. No, I am not a Seward Ho.)

We took a lovely and scenic drive yesterday down from Girdwood and into Seward, where we checked into the adorable Alaska Paddle Inn B&B. I think it has just a few rooms; ours is on the second floor of a lovely wood A-frame, and this is the view from the room:


Seriously! Ridiculous!

Does the amazingness end there? Oh no sirree. We had lunch at the Smoke Shack (in an old railcar...hello, how cute is that?!) where a lovely hot, smoky, and tomatoey wheel of brie decided to open my mouth and hop right on into my stomach.


Kris took this video of me and Saya. What can I say? We just can't unplug.



After, we took a two hour "hike" up a closed road to get some good views of Exit Glacier.


(And yes, these are our own photos taken with our very own camera!)

The hike was super fun and relaxing. We took our sweet time, ran around, threw snowballs at each other, and enjoyed the sunshine.


There are few things that give me more pleasure than getting Kris to scream in horror as I smush a cold ball of ice down the front of his shirt....muahahahaha.....

Oh, ok, here is one thing that gives me more pleasure:


Ho-my-GOD!!!! WOW that is insanely gorgeous up there!!!! I cannot believe those are your pictures. What was the weather like? It actually seemed kinda warm??! WOW.

I just read the other blog -- OMG. Real stuffed polar bear??? I gotta get up to Alaska. It looks amazing (stuffed dead animals aside hahaha).

Post a Comment

Archives