« Home | Welcome back Kris » | Rock Star Hubby Strikes Again » | Baby shower photos! » | Many Things, Many Thoughts » | What's in a name? » | Random pictures » | The Small Fry Visits the Big Apple » | Weeks 21-23 » | It's a girl! » | Happy birthday to me... »

Balancing Act

The countdown is on. One more month until baby Saya arrives...and still clueless! The closer we get to the due date, the more overwhelmed I feel. I'm realizing more and more that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing! And that I can't even manage my current responsibilities, so I have no idea how throwing a baby into the mix is going to affect it all. My former adviser says that babies are great because they force you to be more efficient at work. Ha. I doubt she ever suffered the amount of ADD that's currently plaguing my brain.

I'm in the thick of a huge work project and praying I don't go into labor before it's completed (while also praying I go into labor as soon as possible, because I'm supremely uncomfortable). We started Lamaze class last week and it was SO not worth the money. It's $180 for three courses. Basically, we watched some terrible circa 1970s videos and sat on our yoga mats "breathing deeply." Not quite what I was hoping for. And considering financial advisers recommend putting $800/month into a savings account for your newborn - just to pay for future college expenses - I couldn't help but think our money would be better used elsewhere.

You will get everything done - don't worry!! And agreed - lamaz is super overrated. Just get the epidural and let nature take its course...no breathing or bullshit required. :)

Post a Comment

Archives