« Home | Germs attack! » | I am the Sarah Palin of Academia » | Robot Chic » | To My Sweetheart » | Familia Escobar's Last Supper » | And...He's Off » | Wish List » | Best Date Ever » | Chronicle of Saya, Part 3: Deliverance » | Paula Deen is Trying to Kill Us, Part Deux »

Saya's month 2 photos

Saya turned 2 months old last week! Time has really flown by. It's amazing to reflect on how she's grown (I mean really grown -- see picture at left), and is now starting to develop a personality.

I left her for 5 days last week on a business trip to Nice (talking about robots, of course). While I was awake in my hotel room 2am (after 8 full hours of sleep -- thanks jet lag!), I got all nostalgic looking at her old pictures from when she was brand new. When I returned home, she was like a completely different person! At some point in the previous 5 days, she started making intentional sounds, like whining, cooing, and "yelling". Ok, sure, some of you without kids are probably thinking "Big deal, Kris. Let me know when your spawn starts testifying in front of the supreme court". But to a parent, these little changes are monumental. I mean, I'm not actually doing anything to make this happen. It feels like the most amazing thing.

So I'm canceling all my trips until she's 18. I can't miss any more of these important developments.

Check out a random assortment of pictures from Saya's second month here:
Saya Month 2

Labels: ,

Archives