Speed & Astronaut Love Triangles
Whew. Today we drove back from L.A. after a week-long Thanksgiving "break". (Yes, "break" deserves quotes).
Poor Saya was so awesome. She slept almost the entire way, with minimal fussing...thanks to our Honda's perpetual motion! Whenever we drive, I can't help but feel like Sandra Bullock in Speed. We have to keep the car going at least 50 mph or Saya wakes up and bursts like a bomb...into tears! It's enough to make me semi-seriously consider wearing adult diapers to reduce pit stops along the way. Like that crazy woman did when she was in that astronaut love triangle and was trying to kill her astronaut lover's other woman (who was also...an astronaut)!

Were you as obsessed with that story as I was? Is it just me, or is there basically nothing in the universe as fascinating-sounding as an astronaut love triangle...especially when it involves adult diapers?
Unfortunately, the story itself was kind of disappointing. Besides the adult diaper situation, there were basically no other salacious details or interesting facts. Hearing that someone was actually willing to wear adult diapers on a cross-country hunt of her astronaut lover's astronaut lover made me wonder many things. I still have many unanswered questions, including:
MY version of the astronaut love triangle involves the passionate ripping-off of oxygen masks in space before a make-out session (Adult Diaper Woman dramatically cries "Don't! You'll suffocate to death!" while Astronaut Playa Dude cries "I don't care - I can't help it!"). It also involves the invocation of cheesy astronaut references...as frequently as possible:
Astronaut Playa Dude: "Darling, you look celestial tonight...like a star! I love you more than the universe. My sleep-pod or yours?"
Adult Diaper Woman: "Are you Sirius?"
Poor Saya was so awesome. She slept almost the entire way, with minimal fussing...thanks to our Honda's perpetual motion! Whenever we drive, I can't help but feel like Sandra Bullock in Speed. We have to keep the car going at least 50 mph or Saya wakes up and bursts like a bomb...into tears! It's enough to make me semi-seriously consider wearing adult diapers to reduce pit stops along the way. Like that crazy woman did when she was in that astronaut love triangle and was trying to kill her astronaut lover's other woman (who was also...an astronaut)!

Were you as obsessed with that story as I was? Is it just me, or is there basically nothing in the universe as fascinating-sounding as an astronaut love triangle...especially when it involves adult diapers?
Unfortunately, the story itself was kind of disappointing. Besides the adult diaper situation, there were basically no other salacious details or interesting facts. Hearing that someone was actually willing to wear adult diapers on a cross-country hunt of her astronaut lover's astronaut lover made me wonder many things. I still have many unanswered questions, including:
- What crazy things happened in their relationship to make Adult Diaper Woman go so crazy?
- Was the dude an astronaut playa, or just an innocent bystander who got a little too close to Loca?
- Did the galaxies/astronautics/space play any role in the formation of their relationships?
MY version of the astronaut love triangle involves the passionate ripping-off of oxygen masks in space before a make-out session (Adult Diaper Woman dramatically cries "Don't! You'll suffocate to death!" while Astronaut Playa Dude cries "I don't care - I can't help it!"). It also involves the invocation of cheesy astronaut references...as frequently as possible:
Astronaut Playa Dude: "Darling, you look celestial tonight...like a star! I love you more than the universe. My sleep-pod or yours?"
Adult Diaper Woman: "Are you Sirius?"
Those cheesy astronaut references are out of this world.
Posted by
Anonymous |
December 1, 2008 at 10:38 PM
Aaaah, my wife makes the most personally relevant, touching blog posts!
Posted by
Kris |
December 1, 2008 at 10:42 PM
Ha ha ha...this was hilarious. Nice.
Posted by
Mishy |
December 2, 2008 at 9:12 AM