« Home | Birthday Update » | A Note from Special K » | Weekend Update » | @ 4.5 Mos. » | A Visit with Camilla » | A Tale of Two Foie Gras & Other Stories » | Love Letter from Back at the Ranch » | Speed & Astronaut Love Triangles » | Yes, This Was Our Wedding » | Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster »

Turkey Day Update, Two Weeks Late


On Thanksgiving, we had a big family brunch. My mom's classic cheese egg souffle played center stage. What could be better than a souffle made with cheese, bread, and eggs...unless it is topped with bacon? And let me tell you. It was. It most definitely was.

Sydney and Anson enjoyed brunch with my mom. As you can see, my little baby girl cousin (whom I used to pretend was MY baby) is all grown up and has a full-grown boyfriend. Sigh. Makes me feel old.


Not to brag or anything, but I think this photo serves as evidence that Saya is already a foodie. Note the attention paid to Ina Garten's latest cookbook:


What else happened? Chillaxin with Uncle Chris, Taylor and Sydney:



Significant time and energy was devoted to giving cupcakes the appreciation they deserve:


Later that night we had another feast at Kris' parents' house. First up: a pomegranate, pear and blue cheese salad:


Then, rack of lamb with a mustard crust...


Then, Moroccan couscous, mashed potatoes and steak:


And brussel sprouts with bacon:


Brussel sprouts are making a comeback! I saw Barefoot Contessa do a Thanksgiving episode featuring them, and Michelle also made them for Thanksgiving (read about her crazy and amazing Thanksgiving menu here...just don't ask any questions about how it all got done with a toddler and a newborn). My verdict on the brussel sprouts? I'm not sure why people are so into them. I think they're OK. They definitely give off the "I may make your pee smell weird later" vibe. And the middle tastes like the stalk of a broccoli. Not my favorite. Although...top anything with bacon, and it's pretty much GAME ON for me.

As amazing as the dinner was, I was sad to miss out on the dinner that Maryn made with my mom. You can read about it (and drool) here. Stuffing with figs, onion, brandy, pine nuts, rosemary, and crispy sausage, in a turkey roulade? YOU BETTA ASK SOMEBODY!

OMG I LOVE the pics! Especially the one with Dad, Saya, me and the cookbook, b/c Saya is SO checking it out! It's like she can't wait to start baking with her auntie - yippee! MY PLAN IS WORKING - MUAH HA HA!!!

Post a Comment

Archives