« Home | Foodie Update » | Daycare Drama and Yellow Peril in Bloomington » | Our New Home » | Me Without Him = Worms and No Cheddar Soup » | A Lengthy Update Following A Lengthy Pause » | RC = 1 » | Dan birthed a meme! » | Setting the Bar a Little Lower » | Hope » | Monkey This Monkey That »

My Funny Valentines



We celebrated Valentine's a day early this year. There was latte love:


And snuggling in the new snow bunting:



For dinner, we went to the lovely Bistro Basia on California Avenue in Palo Alto. What a wonderful find! If you live in the area, I highly recommend it.

We started with a lovely mushroom soup and a salad with roasted almonds, sheeps milk cheese, and a lovely dressing. Doesn't Kris look H-O-T?


Kris ordered a steak, which was very slightly overcooked. I ordered the scallops. I'm very picky about my scallops. They must be fresh (never frozen!), perfectly cooked, not stringy, and have a beautiful crust on top and bottom. These fit the bill perfectly, and were almost as good as the amazing scallops I had last year at Thomas Keller's Bouchon.


We finished with a lovely apricot souffle, served with homemade whipped cream:


Meanwhile, Saya screamed the night away at home while Nicole babysat. (Sorry, Nicole, and THANK YOU!)

I wore fishnets for Kris:


For some reason, I always seem to forget that Kris LOVES fishnets. It's one of those things I forget about until I wear them one day, and then watch in wonder as he follows me around like a drooly puppy dog. I've heard that the male preference for fishnets is fairly universal, but I'm not quite sure that all men LOVE fishnets like Kris LOVES fishnets.

To drive the point home: I'm fairly certain I got pregnant on Halloween two years ago...because I wore fishnets. Yup, Kris LOVES fishnets. Unfortunately, the fishnets with garter attachments I tried to order from Victoria's Secret are on back order until April. C'est la vie...

Gifts from Kris: The Etsy prints I want for my office next year! This print by Matte Stephens:


And this poster from SFGirlByTheBay:


Happy Valentine's Day!

holy fishnets....yowza...

check out sexy ash in the fishnets!!! super cute pics, guys...saya's getting even cuter, if that's possible!

Post a Comment

Archives