Oh Canada!
This weekend, we finally decided where we'll take a final vacation before moving to Indiana. Asia is too far, and we have too much work to do to justify a trip longer than a week.
So...it's off to Canada for a one-week trip to Vancouver and Whistler/Blackcomb! I'm so excited. First, we'll have a few days doing city stuff in Vancouver:

I hope this involves croissants, coffee, and seafood prepared in the classic technique: first you POUND the fish flat with a mallet, then you slash off the skin, give the belly a slice, then you rub some salt in 'cuz it makes it taste NICE!!!!*
Then it's off to Whistler/Blackcomb for a few days of skiing, snowshoeing (which I'm excited to try for the first time) and possibly sledding with Saya. We need to amortize our payment for that snow bunting across a few more snowy days...

Even better is that I paid for our flights entirely using American Express points that I've saved for the last two years. Yay for not spending money in this horrible economy.
I have never been to Vancouver, Whistler or Blackcomb. Have you? What are the can't-misses?
*Lyrics courtesy of "Le Poisson" from The Little Mermaid...did you really think I was that weird?! By the way, if you haven't seen Maryn sing this song, you haven't lived yet.
So...it's off to Canada for a one-week trip to Vancouver and Whistler/Blackcomb! I'm so excited. First, we'll have a few days doing city stuff in Vancouver:

I hope this involves croissants, coffee, and seafood prepared in the classic technique: first you POUND the fish flat with a mallet, then you slash off the skin, give the belly a slice, then you rub some salt in 'cuz it makes it taste NICE!!!!*
Then it's off to Whistler/Blackcomb for a few days of skiing, snowshoeing (which I'm excited to try for the first time) and possibly sledding with Saya. We need to amortize our payment for that snow bunting across a few more snowy days...

Even better is that I paid for our flights entirely using American Express points that I've saved for the last two years. Yay for not spending money in this horrible economy.
I have never been to Vancouver, Whistler or Blackcomb. Have you? What are the can't-misses?
*Lyrics courtesy of "Le Poisson" from The Little Mermaid...did you really think I was that weird?! By the way, if you haven't seen Maryn sing this song, you haven't lived yet.
Yay for vacations! Lil' Kim has been to Vancouver and raves...apparently they have good shopping!
Posted by
Anita |
February 19, 2009 at 1:24 AM
Totally got the Lil Mermaid reference...well done. :) I hear Vancouver is both beautiful and boasts an excellent culinary scene. I shall research for you. Alas we've been wanting to go forever but haven't yet. I do have a friend who went there for a wedding tho and her and her husband spent 2 weeks up there, so I'll ask her about it...
Posted by
Mishy |
February 19, 2009 at 8:48 AM
...I meant "she and her husband..."
I had making bad grammer mistakes...
Posted by
Mishy |
February 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM
I love, love, love BC and Vancouver especially. I've been there 3 times and to Whistler once. The snow there is great (take the bus, trust me).
By the way, the last time I was in Vancouver, it cost just as much to take a limo versus taxi from the airport...so you might consider it.
I am jealous. Give Robson St my best, eat some wild caught coho and enjoy Lord Stanley's Park.
Posted by
Dave Suss |
February 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM