« Home | Hinamatsuri! » | Stating the Obvious » | We Survived Vacation! » | Hoof in Mouth Disease » | Our House » | Stephen Fowler Sucks! » | Bacon is Like a Little Hug from God » | Oh Canada! » | Penitence » | The Post Where We Make Dave Jealous »

My Fabulous Friends

I know I'm biased, but I have some truly fabulous friends. Not to brag or anything (okay, okay, I am totally bragging) but in my opinion, they are super smart, super cool, super hot, and lead super interesting lives. You might disagree with me, but only if you are (1) stupid; (2) not cool; (3) not hot; (4) boring; or if you like George W. Bush.

As an example: Yesterday, I got off the phone with one of my girlfriends who works for the World Bank. She just got back from a trip to Afghanistan. During her trip, she interviewed some big government official...on national television...when she had a "wardrobe malfunction" and her veil fell off. She now refers to herself as the Janet Jackson of Afghanistan. How awesome is that story?

Unfortunately, said friend does not have a blog. But I have many fabulous friends who do. Allow me to introduce you to one another:

Maryn: my sister, fabulous, obv! Read about her adventures in eating and making life beautiful at Le Cupcakerie.

Erin and Dave: two of our closest friends, a fabulous married couple who lived a hip life abroad in Berlin and are now embracing academic life, political awareness and doggie raising in a Denver loft. Read their Dispatches from 5385 Feet and enjoy the post Erin did about our recent weekend together here.

Michelle: dear friend, partner in crime, and hilarious ranter. Enjoy her antics with her lovely family at A Mishy's Perspective.

Monica, Rishi, and Roshan: Pictures of one little beautiful boy and his adoring parents, not updated frequently enough at The Little One. (Ahem! what are you guys doing instead of updating your blog? Brushing your teeth or something?)

Paula: My favorite person in the state of Arizona and my favorite banking colleague, ever. Read about her cutie baby girl Riley (and baby on the way!) and their adventures in the desert here.

Clarice: my sister's business school friend. If you like professional basketball, food, and very sarcastic, very smack-talky LOL goodness, visit My Heart Beets.

Jenn: a rock-star, tenured(!) economist who doesn't look old enough to drink, yet serves as an expert witness in school finance litigation and writes about life and love from an economic lens at Quirky Economist.

Ben: a rock-star, tenure-track economist and modern-day Michelangelo who blogs about anything that occurs to him at his eponymous site.

Kim: my most outrageous economist friend (well, except for maybe Ed), she provides tax and stimulus package advice on NPR while undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Read her thoughtful, hopeful and hilarious blog at A Taxing Year.

Do you need outdoorsy travel information - on anything from where to eat, what to pack, what to see, and what to do with kids? Check out Doreen's Water Bottle Weekends!

thanks for the introductions, Ashyln - I just killed Kenny ;)!

I am glad to report that I must not be any of these: (1) stupid; (2) not cool; (3) not hot; (4) boring; or George W. Bush, as I agree those soundl like pretty cool friends.

Thanks for the shout-out, partner in crime! Now if we could only configure to live in the same city at the same time...then we could REALLY create some havoc!

I'm FAMOUS!!!! Woo hoo!

Thank you for leaving me off your cool, amazing friends list.

Post a Comment

Archives