« Home | An Odd Life » | Visions of Sugarplums » | Wedding Countdown » | Nashville, IN » | Americana in Indiana » | Weaned & Walking » | Back in the Saddle » | Bloomington Farmer's Market » | Please Come Back » | Haiku »

Mmmmm. Rewards.

This post is to say THANK YOU!!! to those of you who have rewarded my R&R efforts.

Maryn sent me some amazing lemon poppyseed crisps. The recipe is posted here on Le Cupcakerie. Gayle saw this recipe, jumped on the bandwagon, and also made them. So now you have it. Three endorsements for lemon poppyseed crisps! Hip hip hooray!

Doreen sent me four beautiful prints of her photography. The 8x10 prints are of different natural scenes she's shot across California, as a reminder of the beauty we've left behind (sniff!). One photo is particularly amazing: it's of a crane taking flight off of a lake near Shoreline. (Doreen has promised to send it to me so I can post it here).

The funny part about Doreen's gift is that it was shipped to my office from Costco, with no information about who it was from. I was deeply confused when I opened the package and saw four photos that I hadn't taken, ordered, or ever seen, with no other information. Yet it was shipped from California to my Indiana address. Thankfully Doreen piped up and solved the mystery.

Then, this arrived from Daphna last week:


What is it?

Oh, it's just the most glorious thing in the world: Bacon Bread. Yes, that's right. Bacon bits embedded in bread, from the world-famous Zingerman's deli in Ann Arbor, where Daphna used to work.

Also, Zingerman's Guide to Better Bacon (a very entertaining read):


Kris, Saya and I dutifully took up the task of eating the entire loaf of bacon bread in one sitting. We figured it would make a pretty good grilled cheese.

And OMG. The warmed, butter-crisped bacon bread with sharp cheddar cheese and tomatoes: Kris and I kept making kind of obscene noises while downing it all, while Saya double-fisted chunks of the sandwiches, gnawing alternately on each fistful. Here is the finished product:


Are you salivating yet? Witness the enjoyment here:

I'm a bad friend!!!! I still have to make and ship out your brownies. Do I get a pardon b/c I have 2 small kids?? I promise I'll get to it this week (hopefully). :)

Saya drinks from a sippy cup all on her own?!?! OMG!!!

it's 11:21pm...and i just finished reading about japanese women and their 8-step facial cleansing "ritual", to quote the hbr case. i just realized i only had a quarter of a turkey sandwich for dinner. and now...all i want is bacon bread. mass quantities of bacon bread. yummy!

Post a Comment

Archives