Sibling Braggalry

Maryn and Brian's wedding was recently selected as a feature on the So This is Bliss wedding blog! The blog did a post on their wedding photographer Wayne Toshikazu (who happens to be Brian's brother), and they chose to feature Maryn and Brian's wedding out of all the weddings in his portfolio. Here's a piece of what they wrote:
"This wedding below caught my eye because it is understated and completely DIY. Not to mention the dress below! LOVE IT! ...and the cranes...all I can say is YES -please send me a bride who wants paper cranes..."
Their wedding was indeed fabulous and so so tasteful and beautiful. My sister's (perhaps fanatical!) attention to detail really paid off.
And...I just have to point out the comments made after the blog post:
"What an incredible gown!!"
"I thought so too. You have to have a nice bod to wear that dress...she certainly is a pretty bride. Huh?"
Yep, that's my sista! I couldn't be more proud. Proud with a tinge of jealousy! Seriously, how much would I pay to have someone say that about my body?
Here are the closest I've recently come to receiving a compliment like that:
Kris: Recently your stomach has been looking flatter.
Me: Is my stomach not flat?
Kris: Um....
Me: Was it pooching out before?
Kris: It was not that flat.
Me: Hmmm. (shoves another fistful of sweet potato fries in mouth.)
Here's another excerpt from a conversation with my neighbor Melinda:
Me: My stomach sticks out in front more than my butt in back.
Melinda: It does!
And...scene.
Oh I don't even want to hear that. My stomach AND ass stick out...a lot. Hmpf. And yes, a truly fabulous, totally Maryn wedding. I'm still salivating over the flower balls and cranes.
Posted by
Mishy |
May 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM
awww I feel so special, thanks for the sibling braggalry and right back at ya for the napoleon dynamite dance and insane flowers / food / desserts at yours! and yeah...those size 0 jeans are looking REALLY tight on you lately...NOT!
Posted by
Maryn |
May 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM