Manpoo and Manniversaries
Let me clarify.
Manpoo does not refer to the feces of a male. It refers to shampoo that only men use.
I recently ran out of shampoo and asked Kris to pick up a replacement at the grocery store. He came back with Head & Shoulders Manpoo. I do not bring up this incident to imply that Kris has a dandruff problem, but rather to highlight the need for women to provide precise directions if ever a man buys shampoo for them.
Because I am cheap, I began to use the Head & Shoulders so that we could get through the bottle faster. Let me tell you what I discovered: I love the little tingle that I get from a little pyrithione zinc! Yay for manpoo.
Two days ago (October 12), we celebrated our second engagementversary. Meaning that Kris proposed two years earlier. But because Kris is a "man" he does not find this date worth celebrating. He thinks the wedding anniversary trumps all prior anniversaries, and that we only need to celebrate one now. So beware: manniversaries just mean no anniversaries.
Another thing I would like to talk to you about is this blog. You may notice that this blog is full of a variety of topics: politics, parenthood, academia, cooking, embarrassing moments and other nonsense. Kris thinks that, to increase readership, I need to "focus" my efforts on just a few things. Others have told me that the blog needs to be "more Saya, less Ashlyn." Which kinda defeats the purpose of me using the blog as a way of maintaining an individual identity beyond that of a parent.
Which types of posts do you enjoy the most? Do you want to be more entertained? Do you want more embarrassing moments? More pictures? Or do you appreciate the sheer randomness and - dare I say - breadth of this blog?
I was talking to one of my friends last night. For anonymity's sake, let's call her "Schnicole." Shnicole stated that my recent post on Dwight Schrute and Type I and Type II statistical errors "didn't quite do it for her." When I asked why, Schnicole replied "because it just seemed like you wanted to talk about Dwight Schrute and Type I and Type II errors in statistics!" Which, my friends, I did. I did.
Here's a hint: Comments are awesome and let me know which types of posts you like best.
Manpoo does not refer to the feces of a male. It refers to shampoo that only men use.
I recently ran out of shampoo and asked Kris to pick up a replacement at the grocery store. He came back with Head & Shoulders Manpoo. I do not bring up this incident to imply that Kris has a dandruff problem, but rather to highlight the need for women to provide precise directions if ever a man buys shampoo for them.
Because I am cheap, I began to use the Head & Shoulders so that we could get through the bottle faster. Let me tell you what I discovered: I love the little tingle that I get from a little pyrithione zinc! Yay for manpoo.
Two days ago (October 12), we celebrated our second engagementversary. Meaning that Kris proposed two years earlier. But because Kris is a "man" he does not find this date worth celebrating. He thinks the wedding anniversary trumps all prior anniversaries, and that we only need to celebrate one now. So beware: manniversaries just mean no anniversaries.
Another thing I would like to talk to you about is this blog. You may notice that this blog is full of a variety of topics: politics, parenthood, academia, cooking, embarrassing moments and other nonsense. Kris thinks that, to increase readership, I need to "focus" my efforts on just a few things. Others have told me that the blog needs to be "more Saya, less Ashlyn." Which kinda defeats the purpose of me using the blog as a way of maintaining an individual identity beyond that of a parent.
Which types of posts do you enjoy the most? Do you want to be more entertained? Do you want more embarrassing moments? More pictures? Or do you appreciate the sheer randomness and - dare I say - breadth of this blog?
I was talking to one of my friends last night. For anonymity's sake, let's call her "Schnicole." Shnicole stated that my recent post on Dwight Schrute and Type I and Type II statistical errors "didn't quite do it for her." When I asked why, Schnicole replied "because it just seemed like you wanted to talk about Dwight Schrute and Type I and Type II errors in statistics!" Which, my friends, I did. I did.
Here's a hint: Comments are awesome and let me know which types of posts you like best.
My favorites are the ones on Saya and cooking adventures! The "Dating Life" post was a bit...long...but then again, I guess I'd rather see new posts more often than only a few types of posts less often.
Posted by
Maryn |
October 14, 2008 at 4:57 PM
I love the sheer randomness - also, you have a gift for storytelling. Being deprived of Krashlyn (living in Africa)I find that the blog let's me still feel connected, not just to what you guys are doing, but to what you're thinking...
I LOVE the Saya pics, but I think you could fill-up a whole blog with just her...could you manage both? Perhaps you just need a picassa page with Saya pics - that way the important Saya stories still make it in the blog?
Posted by
Anita |
October 15, 2008 at 1:36 AM
I agree - the thing I love the most about your blog is the "breadth." It's evolving, well rounded and a great insight into all of you guys, which is the point of the blog, right?! Wouldn't change a thing! Well...maybe more pics. :)
PS - I actually enjoyed the stats blog...you've inspired me to venture into history with mine. :)
Posted by
Mishy |
October 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM
I like the ones where you brag about Kris. They're so romantic.
Posted by
Eric |
October 18, 2008 at 12:34 AM