« Home | Happy 30th Anniversary! » | Run With Me » | Turkey Day Update, Two Weeks Late » | Birthday Update » | A Note from Special K » | Weekend Update » | @ 4.5 Mos. » | A Visit with Camilla » | A Tale of Two Foie Gras & Other Stories » | Love Letter from Back at the Ranch »

Bananas in Pajamas!


On December 3rd, we hosted a Bananas in Pajamas birthday party for yours truly. We had an Easy Like Sunday Morning themed party to celebrate my birthday...at night. We're night owls, so ACTUAL mornings are never a time to celebrate.

Don't you think that brunch should be served at all times in the day, including night?
(P.S. If your answer is no, maybe we shouldn't be friends).

At some point on December 1st, we realized that we were expecting 30 people. And we hadn't done menu planning or grocery shopping. And I was still recovering from a breast infection (fever, chills, severe boob pain!) that put me out of commission for the entire weekend.

I presented the following menu to Kris:

Tartine gougeres
Tartine spinach quiche
Scalloped potatoes
Cheese-egg souffle
Sausages
Crostini with goat cheese, walnuts and honey
Crostini with strawberries and balsamic reduction
Brioche crostini with rum-buttered glazed pineapple and vanilla mascarpone
Crostini with bacon, figs and gorgonzola
Smoked salmon & creme fraiche with dill & lemon on rye bread
Pear and blue cheese salad
Cinnamon bread
Homemade pear pop tarts
Rum Raisin Bread Pudding
Vanilla bean ice cream

Drinks: Mimosas, bloody Mary's, Martinelli's and lattes

And this is what I love about Kris. Instead of screaming "ARE YOU INSANE?!" He responded, "I don't think this menu is difficult enough. Why don't we ALSO make coffee-braised short ribs to go with the coffee-at-brunch theme?" And so he did! Kris ended up making almost everything the day of the party, and timed everything beautifully. The party was a smashing success! Everyone got to wear their pajamas and had a great time. Thank you baby :)

Coffee-braised short ribs and scalloped potatoes:




That's such a cute party theme!!! I love it! I'm going to have to steal that for a party one day. I LOOOOOVE brunch. We have breakfast for dinner all the time in the Escobar household. And Kris - you're an all-star!

Post a Comment

Archives