« Home | At (a New) Home » | Goodbye Party » | Best T-Shirt Ever » | She's a Braniac, Brainiac On the Floor... » | Busy Bees » | Nesty » | Please Donate to the Kris Absentminded Fund » | Design Madness » | Dia de Mamacitas » | Weekend at the Beach »

It Was a Good Day

(to the lyrics of It Was a Good Day, with apologies to Ice Cube)

Just waking up in the morning, gotta thank god
I dunno but today seems kinda odd
No crying from the kid, no joke
And I realized the fridge had Diet Coke
We went to breakfast, but didn't spend much
Finally life is cheap when in the Midwest and such
Hooked up the town tour in the rental car
Thinking will we live to jump over the tenure bar
I gotta go cuz Saya wants to take a nap
And if I hit the light switch, she will do it in a snap
Had to stop at a red light
Looking in my mirror not an Asian in sight
And everything is alright
I got a text from Marsha and she can bake all night
Called up my homie Gayle and I'm tellin y'all
When we were in grad school we used to ball
Get us into CERAS and we're trouble
When we defended we didn't even mumble
Impressing profs every day like no way
I can't believe, today was a good day

Drove to the pad and hit the big bed
Didn't even get no static from Kris's head
Cuz just yesterday that fool tried to stop me
Saw my sleepy eyes so he played pop for me
No flexin, didn't even look in a mom's direction
As I ran a sleep intervention
Went to Sahara Mart, they was sellin' every spice on the map
What's the haps on the Saya naps
Wake her up, wake her up, wake her up, wake her
Stuff her in a Baby Bjorn and watch me take her
to the restaurant, a new restaurant, a new restaurant
A new place that was pretty bad
The noodles there were pretty sad
But our waiter looked like Jon (from Jon & Kate plus 8) and that was kinda rad
I asked him why he had the affair, he wasn't mad
Plus we walked through the campus, okay
Today was a good day

Left the campus as the lights fade
Picked up some ice cream but no lemonade
It's ironic, he had the mint, I had the cookie cream
We shot home like a laser beam
And our shower is deep, so deep
So deep that I can't hear the laundry beep!
Put Saya down around ten
She didn't hesitate, my boobs are her best friend
Stuck her in the bed and I'm coasting
Put on some lotion, Saya's dreaming of Roshan
I was glad everything had worked out
Switched the laundry out, then I chirped out
Today was like one of those fly dreams
Didn't see why Indiana's as bad as it seems
No LDH looking for the data
Two in the morning don't have to run STATA
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp
And it read HEUSENS ARE PIMPS!
Happy as hell but no throwing up
Except Kris had some stomach problems, yup
Today I didn't even clean with the shower spray
I got to say it was a good day.

Archives