Dia de Mamacitas
Happy Mother's Day to you all! This is my first official Mother's Day with hatched offspring. And what a glorious day it is!
This morning, Saya bit my back really really hard and I almost cried. Then Kris "forgot" that he was going to watch Saya this morning so I could sleep in, and so I "gently" reminded him that he needed to wake up. Now he and bebe are sleeping soundly.
In honor of Mother's Day, I'm posting a link to an insanely hilarious site that Kris found on FARK: Postcards From Yo Momma. It's a compilation of user-submitted emails, IM chats and phone conversations between moms and their kids, showcasing the hilarious aspects of the mother-kid relationship in all its over-protective, cross-generational, paranoid, and gut-bursting, ever-loving glory. We wasted far too much time last night reading through the entries and laughing and laughing.
My mom also writes hilarious emails. They're like stream-of-consciousness rants, with very little structure, absolutely no paragraph breaks, lots of references to Japanese food, and lots of capitalization and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!
Take these two examples:
Hi Ash! Thanks a lot! This a.m. I’m going to see the dermatologist – this is not the year of the ox, but rather, the year of the doc! Next Mon. is the optometrist. Also working on my regular colonoscopy exam which was supposed to be done last May! Can’t believe that the food processor finally failed! Oh well, I appreciate your help! And again, thank you to you all for the wonderful scanner and putting in the photos in the digital photo frame and spending so much time with us in Hawaii and here for Christmas! And, for the wonderful anniversary dinner and ceremony! It was all so very nice, special and fun! Happy New Year! I went to Marukai yesterday and bought out the store and started eating sashimi, goma spinach, sushi, poke and MOCHI already! Yum! We will miss you for New Years and are heading to J town for some festivities! Take care, lots of love, Mom
Hi Ash! Wow, such good news to hear about little Saya? You’re doing such a good job nursing, it’s a big responsibility and such a precious time to spend with her. I’m glad that you can’t do much while nursing her. That’s the way the whole thing was planned…. I tried to have some liquids when ever I nursed. By the way, I read your blog about that rude woman. I think that we’ve gotta have a plan so that we can leave toxic people and not engage them. Don’t know if they have any rational thinking in their brain and obviously they don’t have any etiquette training! Maybe say sorry but you gotta change the diaper, go to the bathroom, answer the cell phone, move the car, etc. It is not worth the stress, aggravation, and possible fist fight (you never know with crazy people)! Now days, people have anger management problems! Well, lots of paperwork today which I’m not a fan of. Isn’t it weird that I can do it well, yet don’t care for it? I spoke with Daddy, we think that we will stick with the original plan since we’ve already got one of his coworkers and her family coming over for dinner this Sat. inCarlsbad , and are still waiting to hear about Kris’ possible travels. Hope all is well, take care, and love to Kris and Saya too. Love, Mom
Love you, Mom!
This morning, Saya bit my back really really hard and I almost cried. Then Kris "forgot" that he was going to watch Saya this morning so I could sleep in, and so I "gently" reminded him that he needed to wake up. Now he and bebe are sleeping soundly.
In honor of Mother's Day, I'm posting a link to an insanely hilarious site that Kris found on FARK: Postcards From Yo Momma. It's a compilation of user-submitted emails, IM chats and phone conversations between moms and their kids, showcasing the hilarious aspects of the mother-kid relationship in all its over-protective, cross-generational, paranoid, and gut-bursting, ever-loving glory. We wasted far too much time last night reading through the entries and laughing and laughing.
My mom also writes hilarious emails. They're like stream-of-consciousness rants, with very little structure, absolutely no paragraph breaks, lots of references to Japanese food, and lots of capitalization and EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!
Take these two examples:
Hi Ash! Thanks a lot! This a.m. I’m going to see the dermatologist – this is not the year of the ox, but rather, the year of the doc! Next Mon. is the optometrist. Also working on my regular colonoscopy exam which was supposed to be done last May! Can’t believe that the food processor finally failed! Oh well, I appreciate your help! And again, thank you to you all for the wonderful scanner and putting in the photos in the digital photo frame and spending so much time with us in Hawaii and here for Christmas! And, for the wonderful anniversary dinner and ceremony! It was all so very nice, special and fun! Happy New Year! I went to Marukai yesterday and bought out the store and started eating sashimi, goma spinach, sushi, poke and MOCHI already! Yum! We will miss you for New Years and are heading to J town for some festivities! Take care, lots of love, Mom
Hi Ash! Wow, such good news to hear about little Saya? You’re doing such a good job nursing, it’s a big responsibility and such a precious time to spend with her. I’m glad that you can’t do much while nursing her. That’s the way the whole thing was planned…. I tried to have some liquids when ever I nursed. By the way, I read your blog about that rude woman. I think that we’ve gotta have a plan so that we can leave toxic people and not engage them. Don’t know if they have any rational thinking in their brain and obviously they don’t have any etiquette training! Maybe say sorry but you gotta change the diaper, go to the bathroom, answer the cell phone, move the car, etc. It is not worth the stress, aggravation, and possible fist fight (you never know with crazy people)! Now days, people have anger management problems! Well, lots of paperwork today which I’m not a fan of. Isn’t it weird that I can do it well, yet don’t care for it? I spoke with Daddy, we think that we will stick with the original plan since we’ve already got one of his coworkers and her family coming over for dinner this Sat. in
Love you, Mom!
Oh my God. Yo momma and my momma have the same email condition! I sometimes wish I could remove her desire/ability to email through hypnosis. It's not so bad, though. It's kind of funny.
Does your mom also need the "Mom-Celebrity Translator?"
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mom-translator/1099549/
Just yesterday my mom was telling me about some movie with Nola Riley. Who? You know, Norm Ryan, the guy from ER. Oh, you mean Noah Wyle? Yeah, him.
Posted by
Brian |
May 11, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Hahaha! It's like the time my mom was telling me about her new favorite TV show, "Hey! Don't Wear That!"....otherwise known as "What Not To Wear."
Posted by
Ashlyn |
May 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM
Ashlyn - thank you so much for the laughs...I couldn't even read it to Chris I kept laughing too hard.
Posted by
Paula |
May 13, 2009 at 9:12 PM