In the Pink
We are chugging along over here. I feel like we've hardly accomplished anything in the last week, even though we've been working non-stop. Here is what we have managed to do:
1. Collected all three moving estimates (this involved on-site visits which we had to coordinate)
2. Took Saya to the neurologist, who informed us that her EEG was in fact abnormal and we'd received incorrect information from our pediatrician. It turns out that Saya had a photoparoxysmal response when a strobe light was turned on during the EEG. According to this article, photosensitivity or photoparoxysmal response (PPR) is a common epilepsy-related EEG trait, defined as an abnormal cortical reaction of spike or spike-and-wave discharges triggered by intermittent photic stimulation (IPS). In other words, Saya's brain produced EEG patterns that are associated with epilepsy when a strobe light was turned on during the EEG. It turns out that she has a higher risk of seizure activity (not that this "higher risk" is quantified), so she may need an in-home EEG that lasts all day. That way they can capture her spasms if they continue...and guess what? The spasms started up again on Friday. Need to schedule that follow up EEG as soon as possible. Here's to hoping there's nothing to worry about.
3. Went to the OBGYN for my girl parts.
4. Almost done arranging to move out the furniture I still have in my condo in Phoenix.
5. Scheduled a family photo shoot with Aubrey Trinnaman. Please, if you have advice on what to wear for family photos, let me know.
6. Selected and purchased a laptop. I am getting the Dell XPS 1330 in...pink!

I need to transfer everything over to this computer in the next few weeks and get it ready for the big move. I really wanted the Dell Adamo (gorgeous) but it's heavy and slow, or this gorgeous Vivienne Tam laptop but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I need. Not that I even know what bells and whistles are...because...the technology. I have to defer to Kris to do all the research and figure out what my computer's specs should be. So Kris picked out the above laptop for me and I'm really excited about it! After all, my primary concern when buying a PC is its color. Functionality comes second, because I don't really know what "functionality" means.
7. Ordered my bridesmaid dress and Saya's flower girl dress for Maryn and Brian's wedding, and bought stationery for Maryn's bridal shower/bachelorette invitations.
8. Birthday dinner with Chienyo.
9. Finished submitting a paper to the National Bureau of Economic Research's Sloan Financial Crisis Project.
What's left to do? Currently my list of things to do before moving has 200 items. I won't bore you with the deets (like I just did above)...
1. Collected all three moving estimates (this involved on-site visits which we had to coordinate)
2. Took Saya to the neurologist, who informed us that her EEG was in fact abnormal and we'd received incorrect information from our pediatrician. It turns out that Saya had a photoparoxysmal response when a strobe light was turned on during the EEG. According to this article, photosensitivity or photoparoxysmal response (PPR) is a common epilepsy-related EEG trait, defined as an abnormal cortical reaction of spike or spike-and-wave discharges triggered by intermittent photic stimulation (IPS). In other words, Saya's brain produced EEG patterns that are associated with epilepsy when a strobe light was turned on during the EEG. It turns out that she has a higher risk of seizure activity (not that this "higher risk" is quantified), so she may need an in-home EEG that lasts all day. That way they can capture her spasms if they continue...and guess what? The spasms started up again on Friday. Need to schedule that follow up EEG as soon as possible. Here's to hoping there's nothing to worry about.
3. Went to the OBGYN for my girl parts.
4. Almost done arranging to move out the furniture I still have in my condo in Phoenix.
5. Scheduled a family photo shoot with Aubrey Trinnaman. Please, if you have advice on what to wear for family photos, let me know.
6. Selected and purchased a laptop. I am getting the Dell XPS 1330 in...pink!

I need to transfer everything over to this computer in the next few weeks and get it ready for the big move. I really wanted the Dell Adamo (gorgeous) but it's heavy and slow, or this gorgeous Vivienne Tam laptop but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I need. Not that I even know what bells and whistles are...because...the technology. I have to defer to Kris to do all the research and figure out what my computer's specs should be. So Kris picked out the above laptop for me and I'm really excited about it! After all, my primary concern when buying a PC is its color. Functionality comes second, because I don't really know what "functionality" means.
7. Ordered my bridesmaid dress and Saya's flower girl dress for Maryn and Brian's wedding, and bought stationery for Maryn's bridal shower/bachelorette invitations.
8. Birthday dinner with Chienyo.
9. Finished submitting a paper to the National Bureau of Economic Research's Sloan Financial Crisis Project.
What's left to do? Currently my list of things to do before moving has 200 items. I won't bore you with the deets (like I just did above)...
Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear about Saya. Please let me know if I can do anything at all!
Posted by
Nicole |
April 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM