A Weekend to Chillax
After our trip to Monterey, we wended our way down to Cambria, a sleepy town on the California coast. We checked into the Pelican Cove Inn, a cute little B&B with a huge jacuzzi tub, which we took advantage of. And then proceeded to relax:


And then we took ourselves to a fabulous dinner at Black Cat Bistro, where we ate a golden beet soup, mushroom gnocchi, scallops, pork chops, and a giant berry dessert:



It washed away the memory of the Portola Cafe and Restaurant at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which - and how messed up is this? - is a seafood restaurant!! WTF?! Granted, it's sustainable, blah blah blah, and trust me, I love my seafood/sushi, but I don't want to eat seafood after admiring it all day in an aquarium.
The next morning was beautiful and sunny. We took a long walk along the coast among some beautiful flowers:

I really love this picture. Except for the skin around my armpit, which I think looks kinda floppy. Time to do some bicep curls.
Next we drove down 101 and stopped at the dunes at Pismo Beach:

I just can't help myself. Isn't Kris the hottest?

We ate some super good tacos for lunch in Santa Barbara before getting out of a speeding ticket (with a super-nice cop who looked semi-sheepish, but maybe that was the braces) and arriving in Redondo Beach in time for Easter dinner at my parents'.


And then we took ourselves to a fabulous dinner at Black Cat Bistro, where we ate a golden beet soup, mushroom gnocchi, scallops, pork chops, and a giant berry dessert:



It washed away the memory of the Portola Cafe and Restaurant at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which - and how messed up is this? - is a seafood restaurant!! WTF?! Granted, it's sustainable, blah blah blah, and trust me, I love my seafood/sushi, but I don't want to eat seafood after admiring it all day in an aquarium.
The next morning was beautiful and sunny. We took a long walk along the coast among some beautiful flowers:

I really love this picture. Except for the skin around my armpit, which I think looks kinda floppy. Time to do some bicep curls.
Next we drove down 101 and stopped at the dunes at Pismo Beach:

I just can't help myself. Isn't Kris the hottest?

We ate some super good tacos for lunch in Santa Barbara before getting out of a speeding ticket (with a super-nice cop who looked semi-sheepish, but maybe that was the braces) and arriving in Redondo Beach in time for Easter dinner at my parents'.
1) what the hell are you talking about - "skin under my armpit"????? If you lose another pound, we won't see you!
2) I love Saya's face in that same picture. :)
3) your trip down looks like it was gorgeous! we have to do a trip UP to norcal!
Posted by
Mishy |
April 16, 2009 at 12:08 PM