« Home | A Weekend to Chillax » | This is the Age of Aquariums » | Cheers to Marsha! » | Le Plan 2.0 » | Saya: What's in a Name? » | Signal to noise » | I am a Levite » | To Hell in a Handbasket Woven by Economists » | A Summary of the Last Six Months » | Brains AND Boobs »

A Lot of Updates. Let's Start with Easter!


Oops! It's been almost a week since my last post. Many exciting things happened in the last week. We had lots of great eating, socializing, working, and a lot of other craziness.

Last Sunday was Easter dinner at my parents' house. Kris and my dad happened to wear the exact same outfit. Do you find this disturbing?

My mom does a Greek themed Easter every year, and I have no idea why. Anyway, we ate a bunch of spanikopita (which - shhhh - is nowhere near as good as Michelle's, which is mind-blowing and addictive. You can find the recipe here on Michelle's Enchanted Spoon blog), ate a prime rib roast and baked potatoes (okay, okay, so the Greek Easter ends there) and ate a cake in the shape of a lamb, which is some sort of Polish Easter tradition my mom adopted. The creepy thing about this lamb is that my mom usually frosts it in white frosting and then makes eyes for the lamb by sticking jellybeans into the lamb's head. But what color does she use? Pink! How creepy is that? It makes it look like a demon lamb cake.

As always, my mom went overboard with making 11 different Easter baskets (yes, you read that correctly). One each for me, Kris, Saya, Maryn, Brian...and all of my first cousins. Saya was thrilled to get goldfish crackers in her basket.

Apparently goldfish crackers are The Great Motivator. In fact, Saya started scooting in a semi-crawl because of the power of goldfish crackers. Nothing else seems to motivate her as well. It's kind of sad, watching her grunt and whine and salivate all over the floor as she struggles to reach the goldfish, and then a little bit disturbing to watch her stuff them all into her mouth with, like, complete desperation. I guess she's a lot like me!


I don't know any other way to say this, but please, never doubt my mom's ability to find a perfectly tailored gift item, no matter how obscure. Can she find a robot Easter basket? I think we know the answer to that question:


The best part of Easter? Easter kisses:

Thanks for the shout-out on the spanikopita! ;) I LOL about the double orange shirts and about the lamb cake. At least she doesn't use red jellybeans, right? And you know what...they ARE creepy...in Ireland we almost got raped by sheep on a hillside (ok, I'm exaggerating) but they were so freaky looking! They're eyes are very, very creepy.
And I understand Saya's obsession with Goldfish...I'm the same way with nutella. :)

Post a Comment

Archives