« Home | A Tad Sad » | Osteria Mozzagasm » | A Lot of Updates. Let's Start with Easter! » | A Weekend to Chillax » | This is the Age of Aquariums » | Cheers to Marsha! » | Le Plan 2.0 » | Saya: What's in a Name? » | Signal to noise » | I am a Levite »

Calendar of Events: Goodbye Bay Area

I was incapable of working today. Instead, I gathered moving estimates, called 1,000 different people about moving, and thought long and hard about how this is all going to go down in a month. And how I am going to squeeze in everything I want to do in the Bay Area to say goodbye. Here is the tentative calendar of events:

April 27th: Finalize moving estimates, select mover, schedule date

April 30th: Family photo shoot with Aubrey Trinnaman at Stow Lake and the Chinese Pavilion (where we got married!) in Golden Gate Park, tea in the Japanese tea garden, a visit to the California Academy of Sciences, and dinner at Dragonfly


May 4th: A trip to the Ferry Building (my ultimate happy place), Tartine (for croissants), Bi-Rite Creamery (for ice cream) and Delfina (for dinner)

May 5th: Cinco de Mayo AND Japanese Children's Day...meaning something Japanese, and something Mexican. Maybe this means teriyaki chicken tacos.

May 6th: Get my hair done before moving away and trying to find a new stylist (ugh).

May 7th: Go with Kris to Berkeley for the day to work and eat gourmet sandwiches at Gregoire and pizza at Zachary's.

May 8th: Trip to Cowgirl Creamery at Pt. Reyes

May 9th: Baby Loves Disco! OK. This is not totally sanctioned by Kris, but I want to go. Monica, are you in?

May 10th: Mother's Day. I don't know what's going to happen this day, but it Better. Be. Good.

May 12th: Kris leaves for a conference in Japan

May 16th: Day to say goodbye to Berkeley: 4th Street, Shattuck, College & Claremont, and maybe even Piedmont.

May 17th: Kris returns from Japan

May 23rd: Goodbye party (tentative...this is Memorial Day weekend...are you even around?!?!)

Also in the mix: All other moving activities, buying a new laptop, planning Maryn's bridal shower/bachelorette party, three doctor's appointments (plus botox...and yes, it is absolutely necessary), three million ticky-tacky chores on the to-do list, and three visits to the physical therapist for my you-know-what. Oh yeah, and INFINITE work stuff to take care of. Kris and I are totally in over our heads.

You know, Island's has teriyaki chicken tacos. Not sure if they're up your way, but it could save you some time on May 5th.

Post a Comment

Archives