Nesty
I'm feeling very nesty. Yes indeedy, there is a halo of domesticity crowning my (filthy, unshowered) little head today.
I am in full-on moving mode. Meaning: planning, sorting, packing, and--most excitingly--thinking about decorating after we move. I am sick of living in clutter, so my number one priority right now is identifying great options for storing all the ugly toys away. For me, bright pink and purple plastic things that make weird noises or sing the alphabet don't really fit with my yet-to-be-achieved aesthetic of chic and modern living.
These awesome PJ Pocket Pillows by Modern Twist ($50 each) look like an awesome solution to my storage issues:

They're based on a Japanese design modeled after sea anemones. I just love the colors and cool, graphic prints.
I'm still craving one of Mod Mom Furniture's toy boxes but Kris is not down with spending $400 for a toy box.
Kids Haus also has a great page listing all sorts of storage options for the modern nursery.
Also: Design Mom just featured Downtown Chic, a book recently released by SixxDesign, a husband-wife interior design team with a brood of seven(!) kids. I might have to order it, asap. Seriously, look at their website. Look at their fabulous homes and furniture. And then look at how awesome they look. The wife/mother is totally gorgeous (after seven kids!) and the family is just too chic for words: annual trips to their beach house in Brazil, life in a gorgeous space in Manhattan, and a thriving business (which I'm sure helps support their gigantic mansion, private school, nannies, etc...either that or a trust fund!). I kind of want to be them.
I am in full-on moving mode. Meaning: planning, sorting, packing, and--most excitingly--thinking about decorating after we move. I am sick of living in clutter, so my number one priority right now is identifying great options for storing all the ugly toys away. For me, bright pink and purple plastic things that make weird noises or sing the alphabet don't really fit with my yet-to-be-achieved aesthetic of chic and modern living.
These awesome PJ Pocket Pillows by Modern Twist ($50 each) look like an awesome solution to my storage issues:

They're based on a Japanese design modeled after sea anemones. I just love the colors and cool, graphic prints.
I'm still craving one of Mod Mom Furniture's toy boxes but Kris is not down with spending $400 for a toy box.
Kids Haus also has a great page listing all sorts of storage options for the modern nursery.
Also: Design Mom just featured Downtown Chic, a book recently released by SixxDesign, a husband-wife interior design team with a brood of seven(!) kids. I might have to order it, asap. Seriously, look at their website. Look at their fabulous homes and furniture. And then look at how awesome they look. The wife/mother is totally gorgeous (after seven kids!) and the family is just too chic for words: annual trips to their beach house in Brazil, life in a gorgeous space in Manhattan, and a thriving business (which I'm sure helps support their gigantic mansion, private school, nannies, etc...either that or a trust fund!). I kind of want to be them.
Storage = trunks. I'm not sure how it fits in your design aesthetic, but for me (trying desperately to go for an English medieval country home/gothic castle look) I lucked out and found an old leather trunk that doubles as my coffee table (did you see it when you visited?) - the storage inside is amazing and I just throw all the toys in there. There are also some ottomans I've seen that do the same thing - they open up for storage insde and then can serve as a table or seat otherwise too. I'm so envious! I wish we were moving so I could finally ditch the old furniture and the bullshit my mother gave me and get to what we like!!
Posted by
Mishy |
May 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM