Saya's First Birthday: Daycare Edition
I've heard that what happens in daycare stays in daycare. Not so on Saya's first birthday. On Friday, the Official Birthday, it was time to celebrate, daycare style.
First, I picked up a dozen pink balloons to bring in. Kids love balloons!
Then, I picked up a dozen cupcakes from Blu Boy Chocolates here in Bloomington:

What I really loved about these cupcakes is that the bakery wrapped each individually in easy-to-remove, elegant paper, rather than leaving them in the cupcake wrappers. It made them much easier to serve and eat.
[Side note: Blu Boy is the place to go in Bloomington. I had their amazing homemade ice cream sundae with caramel sauce and fleur de sel, and it was to die for. I also love their chocolate blog, including this post titled "Macarons are my bitches."]
I showed up at daycare and was promptly turned away. Apparently balloons are not allowed. Not because they can be a choking hazard. But because of latex allergies. C'mon people. Don't these people know that latex allergies were invented by dudes who just don't want to wear condoms?!
Saya wore her "I'm 1 today!" pin:

And her birthday hat:

We set the table:

The kiddos gathered around:

We sang:
And then ate. Things got messier...

And messier...

And messier...
And messier...
First, I picked up a dozen pink balloons to bring in. Kids love balloons!
Then, I picked up a dozen cupcakes from Blu Boy Chocolates here in Bloomington:
What I really loved about these cupcakes is that the bakery wrapped each individually in easy-to-remove, elegant paper, rather than leaving them in the cupcake wrappers. It made them much easier to serve and eat.
[Side note: Blu Boy is the place to go in Bloomington. I had their amazing homemade ice cream sundae with caramel sauce and fleur de sel, and it was to die for. I also love their chocolate blog, including this post titled "Macarons are my bitches."]
I showed up at daycare and was promptly turned away. Apparently balloons are not allowed. Not because they can be a choking hazard. But because of latex allergies. C'mon people. Don't these people know that latex allergies were invented by dudes who just don't want to wear condoms?!
Saya wore her "I'm 1 today!" pin:
And her birthday hat:
We set the table:
The kiddos gathered around:
We sang:
And then ate. Things got messier...
And messier...
And messier...
And messier...
I LOLd through this whole thing. She's adorable, guys. A very successful bday party indeed. :D
Posted by
Mishy |
July 27, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Too cute! Although it is hard to believe she is 1 already! They grow up so fast...! :)
Posted by
Heather |
July 27, 2009 at 11:39 AM